Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Winds

The summer is buzzing along quickly and last night was another Nahant. I have to say I was going into it skeptical of my training and planning with for the Timberman Sprint. I looked over some of my numbers from the past Nahant's and noticed I was pushing the bike way too hard. I was up near 300 watts for the majority of the bike and b/c my run would suffer. So I went at it yesterday to shoot for 265-275 and maintain the proper pace for a full sprint. The result was a 34:30. This was with a low tide that makes for a LONG transition in T1!

I compared the results to last years best Nahant at 33:16 and figured that b/c off the tide difference that I could have knocked of some good time. (a full minute just to get to the T-area) This has put my mind in a good state and feeling that I am more than ready for Timberman. My brother finally was able to get on his new bike which I am naming "white lightening" It looks fantastic!

No comments: