Wednesday, October 22, 2008

back in the pool

Last night I jumped back in the water after a 2 month vaction from wearing my goggles. It didn't start out so well. I felt like a rock. Craig Lewin took over the coaching duties and did a pretty good job. We did a lot of drills and man do I need work on my technique. I think that with a good amount of work I can become more efficient in the water. He had some good analogies and gave some good examples on how to fix my problems. One thing I have to remember is that it takes time to break bad habits. One hour and 2000 yards of drills made my body feel like a box of cement.

This morning I went to the gym and did the 300 workout from crossfit. I have to say it went better than expected. My finish time was 19:04. After that i did a 150 workout twice from Crossfit. No total time, I just paced a 15 second rest between exercies. I plan on an easy ride on the trainer tomorrow and an 8 mile run of Sat or Sun. Right now I plan on swimming one to two days a week until Christmas then it's time to roll!

2 comments:

Vince SJP CrossFit said...

CrossFit BABY!!!!! Keep it up. Janda is putting together a swim program. Did you hear?

Kevin Reen said...

yeah, was with Craig and he asked what I thought. I'll definately consider it.