Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good News

Yesterday I went back to my Dr. He told me my progress was fantastic. The bone is still "soft" as he calls it but it has grown back. I was given the ok to start running and swimming and light weights to start to rebuild the inch that I lost while in the cast. It was a relief to hear. I have never been more ready to get after it this year. I have a great training plan set out to challenge myself this spring and summer. I have registered for the patriot Half and there will be some other local races sprinkled in there too! I will get back to logged all my workouts and look forward to seeing how I progress. Swimming is going to be a big part of the late winter and early spring. I learned last year the swim fitness will carry over to run and bike but run and bike won't carry to your swim! I think that being in the water also helps the body stretch out and take pressure off the major joints like the knees and feet. I will jumping into a masters class in hopes that I can make the improvements I made last year. Lets see!