Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let the games begin

Tomorrow starts the beginning of my training program for the Patriot Half. I am looking forward to getting back into a schedule of planned workouts and focusing on my diet again. There are a lot if things that will change for this season and look forward to the challenge of something different to help stimulate my motivation to get the best out of myself. The one bummer of the winter months is that everything is so cold and makes the mental game that much more difficult in the annual preparation for achieving my goals. The winter training time is a place for me to build my inner strength to get my body in the best possible place to take on the race scene. I have learned the hard way that sometimes thing happen for a reason and when they do figure out a way to get up and move on.

The year is going to continue no matter what happens and all I can do is enjoy the ride. Weather a broken elbow or an ultrasound for cancer or one bad ass cold, keep plugging a way and remember things could be worse. The next chapter begins at 0500 hours and I can't wait to hit the alarm! See you in the pool!

No comments: