Saturday, January 9, 2010

riding

I finally was able to get on a bike today. As noted before my crono had to be fixed and I am eagerly awaiting its return.

my friend Marty let me use his old rig to get some much needed trainer work. I have been looking forward to the trainer this winter b/c of the power meter. I had set my numbers for this winter off my last sprint race from 2009. I avg. around 260 watts for that race. So today I set up my workout and it went off with a bang. I am weighing in at about 197. My goal for the end of the month is 195. I am definitely stronger b/c my weights this winter.

For today I started with 5 min warm up and then a 5 min drills and then 5 min at 110 rpm's. Thought this would be a good way to get the HR up. My main set was 8 intervals. The 1st 4 were at 255-260 watts for 2 min with 1 min cool down. The 2nd 4 were at 300-310 for 2 min with 2 min cool down. I love the powertap b/c I was able to find the rhythm and just push. I hit my numbers and was feeling pretty good. The 2 nd set challenged me towards the end. I think I had a good say considering this was my 1st bike workout in 3 weeks. before that I had not been on it since Sept 22. I am counting the hours til I ride again!

No comments: