Sunday, April 4, 2010

Going Aero


So I put an aero disc cover on my rear Flashpoint 60 w/ powertap this week. I had been researching this for a little bit and a friend of mine had used this product from wheelbuilder for years with some great success so I decided to throw out the 90 bucks and get one. Assembly was very easy and after reading a few reviews it was also recommended to use electrical tape along the edge to help secure the cover to the rim, which I did.
After a nice one hour ride I could see the benefits of a disc. I was able to use a Zipp disc at Lake Placid in 2008 but I didn't think I was able to obtain the full benefit of it because of the rain for the entire bike segment of the IM. So using a version of the aerodynamic benefits on a moderately windy day seemed to show how much the disc can add speed to the bike. I do have to have the rear derailleur adjusted to prevent rubbing when I slide into the top ring of the rear cog. Otherwise I think this is a wise investment. I will give some more info on it as it comes in.

No comments: