Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FTP 2

This has been a low key week. I have been recovering from a couple good weeks of work. I have done a few tests to see where I stand. I know running is going well with last weeks 5k. I have done some swim intervals and at the end of Monday's swim workout I added a 250 at race pace. Probably not the smartest thing b/c I had a hard swim before that. But I wanted to see how I would do. I covered it in 3:20. Not what I was looking for but I have to consider that I swam 3000 before that. Oh well. I will test it again at the beginning of my workout next week and see what I get. I plan on the rest of the week being relatively easy. After this week I will be increasing intensity and distance to the bike and run. After my FTP test I will be able to use the new numbers and focus on some solid base rides of a few hours long. As for the run I 90 min runs at 65-70% HR.

Yesterday I performed my 2nd power test. It is a tough workout for sure! But it is vital to make sure that I am able to monitor my progress. I started out with a 15 min warm up and the 3X1's followed by 5 min easy spin. Then for 20 min hit went all out trying to hold that pace for all 20 min. I wasn't really sure what to expect because I wanted make sure I survived the 20 min but needed to get a good number to gauge what kind of progress I made from my first test.

Well after 20 mins I cooled down with another 10 min at an easy pace. The results showed that I avg 286 watts for the 20 min interval. the formula takes that number and multiply it by 95% and that is my FTP= 272. I progressed by 8 watts.

After the deluge of rain stops I plan on enjoying the Easter weekend with the family then plan on some focused workouts.

No comments: