Thursday, March 11, 2010

Steady goes the ship!

This has been a very good week. I am more than please with my numbers and the feel pretty good about setting myself up for what could be another fun season.

Yesterday I was in the pool and got a great swim workout. Did a good hour set and worked in 5x100's. I started off hitting 1:19, 1:19,1:17,1:17 and 1:15 for my last 100. I was happy with the fact that I was able to monitor my pace as close as I did . I think by the end of the month I should be able to break 1:15.

Today i punished myself. I had a one hour bike. After a short warm up I performed 10x2min at 120% ftp, which was 315 watts. I hit the mark on 9of 10 and the last one was close. It took me about 40 secs to get to 315 and really was grinding out trying to hold it. Non the less I was pleased with my results. After that got to bed for a couple hours and then had a 5K to go and pick up my car from the shop. I averaged 7:15's and felt pretty good.

Not a bad set today considering I had to cut short my sleep today after a long shift. I am looking forward to my days off where I can catch up on some rest. I will be cross fitting tomorrow, "Cindy". 5 pull ups,10 push ups and 15 air squats AMRAP and will take off Sat and Sun before my TT run test on 8 miles on Monday. I am shooting for sub 55 min. Hope everyone has great weekend!

No comments: