Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Recovery Run 5K


Today I participated in my first 5K of 2010. I was about 50 degrees out and sunny wiht a hedwind on the course for the whole way. I finished 2nd Overall with a clock time of 18:14 and watch time of 18:12. It was by far my fastest 5K ever! My first mile was 5:42 and at the 1.75 mark in the race the overall winner went by me. I tried to hang with him but his light frame slid through the wind and left me behind. His finish time was 17:26. All in all I was excited about my race because I had not done many intervals with my run training.


It finally feels like the season is getting started. My first TRI will be May 16th, in Marblehead and I will be running a 10K on April 24th. I don't think I will be holding 5:40's for that one!

No comments: