Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dam Tri

So this week has been super hot. Since the Cohasset tri I have been maintaining my 70.3 training. Over the 4th I had a good run and 2.5 hour bike with a 40 min open water beach swim. I have thrown in some speed work on the bike and Ran the Fire cracker 4 miler. I finished in 23:2o and 4th over all.

Yesterday I tested my endurance and tolerance for heat with an 8.5 mile run. Temp heading out the door was 101. Out in Nahant it was 99 and when I returned it was still 101. I totaled 59:10. My usual time on this has been as fast as 54 min. I will take into consideration that I was going on 20 hours with no sleep and it was hotter than HELL itself. I think the Devil was looking for a pool.

Today I went and did a 2000 yard swim in the pool. I was wiped. Just couldn't get my times. I was just a few seconds off. I am going for an easy 1:15 bike this afternoon. On Sat I will be racing as an elite again at the Dam Tri in Amesbury. Pete Mallet who is riding for Fit Werx along with pro/owner Dean Phillips will be leading the charge. Dave Sek is another friend who is going to race elite. Pete and Dave will lead the way on the swim and surely Dean will take over the bike. I just want to hang on show another solid performance.

For the next couple of days I will be taking my BASE products and Aminos to make sure I have I high level of electrolytes. I weighed in today at 185 and feel like a lot of that was water weight lost yesterday. Well i will let you all know how it goes.

PS. Cyclists remember to check your helmets and ride safe. Keep you eye out for the cars. They are not looking for you. My brother and another friend were in accidents last week. Both are ok. Thank God. Stay safe!

No comments: