Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Training

Back at for the 2012 season and things are progressing. I have been battling a piroformis issue for a few weeks and seem to finally got a handle on it. A little chiropractic care and serious stretching has helped. I also need to add a bit more strength training. KB swings and cleans and lunges!!!!

Well what can you do! had my 5k test last week at the AOH in LYnn. Huge field 750! I planned on a sub 6 pace and was able to get in with the right pack. There were 5 or 6 guys that just took off at the start and and 2 of them were able to hold it! It was a tough course, big hill in the first mile then making a hard right turn into head wind! I was in 5th place and got passed before the hill but then a pass on the hill to get back to 5th.

Felt good with all things considered. The course was measured at 3.3 and my finish time was 18:30. 15 secs slower than in 2010. Not sure where the ime went but could have been a number of things. I was happy b/c I have not done any speed work and was glad my fitness was there.

This weekend I will be going to the Multisport expo and working with Breakthrough Performance. Should be a great event! I will also be running the 3 mile race at 9AM for BTP. lets see if Ican get sub 18!

No comments: