Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day

So here we are, labor day weekend and the summer is coming to a close. I did the last Nahant of the season on Thursday and i have to say it was one of my best races ever. I finished in pretty quick 33:50. I was shocked to see that I broke the 34 min mark. John Martin, beat me by about 6 or 7 secs again and Craig lewin broke the course record with a sub 32 min race. Man he was flying on the run. He had about a 40 sec lead starting the bike. Because the bike is only 5 miles I was only to cut that lead to about 15 secs. I averaged about 23 mph on the bike and broke 12 mins. The run was fast. I was trying to keep Craig within about 50 yards but as we kept going he was pulling away. I couldn't hold an all out sprint like him for 2.78 miles. I also knew that John would be coming in from behind. As usual john cought me around the bath house on the return to the TIDES lot. I tried to stay in his back pocket as long as could. I held on until we got to the final bend before the gate. Again a man that is just flat out faster than I am on the run. I will say I am proud of my race. I still have about 40 pounds on those guys. A few of the regulars were saying that was the fastest race in Nahant over the last 25 years.

The course record was held by a local tri pro; Janda Ricci-Munn but his client took care of that with a sub 32. (i think craig had a 31:30) That is FAST!

I am really tossing around doing another race. Maybe HULL. I have to decide fast and get the last bit of training in. Well I will let you know! Happy Labor Day!

No comments: