Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Training for what?

I am still training like a mad man. I am having a hard time slowing down. I feel pretty good. My legs are getting tired but who's not right? I mean my fitness is through the roof right now and I think that I have been doing alright coaching myself. The problem is, I want to race but can't find the one I want. There is the Chicopee on SUN or the Ipswich on Friday night. I also have to see what Lynn would want to give up.

Anyway, It was great to get down to Marshfield last weekend. Cousins Craig and Joanne are in from chicago. They have the best kids too. The good thing is that my entire family, cousins, aunts uncles grandkids ect were all there. I have a really tight family. We only get to see each other a couple times a year but it is special when we do. I was a bit embarrassed too. They were all talking about the IRONMAN and my new job. It feels weird having the attention. Oh well.

Trianing wise, had a great bike today, 18 miles in 45 min and ran a 5 miler in 35. I'll take it!

2 comments:

Emily M. O'Brien said...

Hi Kevin,

I just remembered to drop you a note on your blog. I'm moving to Brighton in a few weeks and am wondering what master's swim team you trained with in the area (I remember you mentioning it was in Brighton or Boston?). My email address is emilyobri@gmail.com. I'll see you on Friday if you're doing Ipswich. Have a good one! - Emily

Kevin Reen said...

I swam at BU. The masters there was great. they really push you to get faster. They also have about 7 different levels so you will find a spot to start and have a room to move up.