Tuesday, February 24, 2009

base pace meets the stock market!

The good thing about winter training is that every once in a while you see numbers during your training that will either get you pissed or make you happy. The better thing is that not matter what number you see is that you are in the base phase phase of training. I like to take this time to look back on the fact that I am just making deposits to an account that isn't going to be ruined by the Stock Market! This is not being invested by anyone else but me and I know where to buy and where to sell and when to cut my losses or push for the bigger turn around. Last week was one of those weeks where one day numbers where through the roof and I was feeling great...then the numbers weren't so good the 401K that I have been putting into wasn't yielding the returns I was planning on. Bottom line is got some great quality training in and I know that it will come out when I need it most. The one thing the economy can't take is the ability to get out there and train when I am supposed too. I like knowing that one this is certain. I can train when I need to. Maybe it isn't at the most Ideal time...but weather running at 5 am or 10 pm it is still laying down solid concrete that I can build my house on.

March 2nd starts Base phase 2. I look forward to building a little more with some different things. The one thing that I also look forward too is that by the end of this phase it will be a little warmer and the sun will be out a little longer.

No comments: