Friday, February 6, 2009

I really wish I was training in California!

So the first week is coming to a close for base training. I have to admit I am pretty happy with what is going on. The week started with a great Monday morn swim. I did some interval work with 400's and worked finding my pace for this year. Tues was crossfit in the AM and good hard bike on the trainer at night. Weds my brother and I hit the pool again. Our main set was 12x100's for time at race pace. I have to stay we did pretty damn good. Sometimes he is a little to hard on himself but I got the impression he was pleased with himself too. Thurs was great bike in the AM with my brother and Marty.( Marty is co-owner of FIT WERX2) great store. We set up our trainers in the shop and get after it. Pop in a DVD and just hammer for 60 mins. Last night I went out for a 42 min run. Probably the coldest night I have ever run. I looked at the temp and it was 16 degrees. I figured you are supposed to add 15 to that when you run, so, i was looking at 31. Well i got about 3 miles out and I could not feel my face. I really was bummed because I was in a good stride and legs felt awesome but my face hurt so bad! Today I strecthed for a good 30 mins this AM and Sat I am going to do a bike/run indoors. Well, week one; done.

No comments: