Monday, June 15, 2009

The Taper

Well, this has been a long week. I just returned home from a nice family vacation to VA beach. Sandbridge to be exact. It was hot there and I was glad I brought my running shoes. I also did my swims in a metered pool vs yards. I didn't know that until I was half way through.

It was a good time for me to go because it is taper for the Patriot Half Ironman. I am really feeling good and hope to have all cylinders functioning come Sat AM. Yesterday I did my last hard brick and felt great. After 2 hours on the trainer I headed out for a 4.5 mile run and coasted at about a 7:20 pace.

Today was relaxing. played golf and enjoyed sometime with friends as I finished up my vacation week. I will be back to let you know what happens for the rest of the week.

No comments: