Monday, June 1, 2009

two weekends left

This past weekend I had to put in some longer distance to get ready for the Patriot. It went well. I had some good swimming workouts and shorter runs early in the week which got me ready for Saturday's 11 miler. I went with a marathon race pace and quickly warmed up to a 1/2 marathon pace. (7:30) I wore my new K SWISS. They were very interesting to say the least. The difference between them is the amount of foorfoot cushion. I liked they way they supported the entire foot. I know that they are very light but don't give me that race flat feeling like the ZOOT. None the less I had a good run.

Sunday I went out for an early 35 miles by myself up to Hamilton. I road pretty hard and averaged just under 21. I got back to Marblehead and met up with some friends and we added another 15. when I got home I took Jack out in the jogger for a an easy 2.5 run. again felt pretty good. This week is going to be all speed during the week to get ready for another 12 miler Sat and then a 50 mile bike with 6 mile run on Sunday.

No comments: