Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gains

So since I have moved the overnight shift things have pretty much stayed status quo. In fact I feel that I am making some gains. It may be because I am now more focused on the workouts I have and the time I have to do them. I also think that I am focusing on my recovery time because of my lack of sleep compared to what I got before. I have even been able to land a couple of double workouts during the work week.

This week has been good, I landed a great swim workout on Monday morn. got 3800 yards in with some good tech work and stretched out some other sets. Followed that up with and after noon pm run. Tuesday was a 3200 High intensity swim with an easy recovery ride at 65% FTP. Yesterday I got a crossfit workout in the am then I killed myself on the bike with a 55 min ride(cut short b/c 6 month old woke up from nap) It was still a hard effort with 7x3 at 120% FTP with 3 min recovery. followed by steady spin at 65%. My steady spin was short by 5 min. Don't think it is a big loss. Today was good too with another swim and then a 7 mi run on the treadmill. I performed 5 min intervals at different races paces.

All in all I feel like I have made some gains with my numbers. I have two more build weeks and then a recovery week. So hopefully the kids won't get sick until then. I will try to keep my workouts posted online. I have been writing them in my calendar book instead. That is if anyone out there is reading this?

Later

1 comment:

Caitlin Reen Bova said...

I'm reading...so you better stick to your workouts!!

Keep those kids healthy, would ya??