Monday, February 8, 2010

How long till spring?

So I got my bike back, again. Guru had to repair the shell casing in the bottom bracket. So they gave me a new paint work up as well. It looks amazing. I will post some pics soon. As far as training goes it has been steadily progressing. My swim stroke is coming back to good form, I have been pretty please with my number on the bike. I am just sick and tired running in the damn cold weather! I don't know how I ever trained for the marathon in this stuff. I a such a warm weather person.

The past two weeks have been different b/c I am now working the morning shift and trying to fit in my workouts in broken sleep has been challenging. The one thing I notice is that I have adapted quickly, even though I slept like crap today. I now start my day and 1o pm. Go to work at 11:30 pm and finish at 7:30. The get to the gym for a swim or weights the in bed by 10 am. for 3.5-4 hours. then I get on the bike or run. Pick up the boys and get dinner ready. Spend time with the family. Now my wife puts all three of men to bed before 8pm. Then I wake up at 10pm and do it all over again. because I learned to function on little sleep with new borns I think this transition is a bit less stressful. I just can't wait for that warm weather to help lift the spirits as I walk to work when everyone else is going to bed. So be it.

No comments: