Tuesday, May 4, 2010

getting ready

The past few weeks have been pretty good. I have been adding some quality work to my training and am beginning to see some improvements. For the 2010 season I will be racing for Team Aquaphor. I will be toeing the line on May 16th for the JCC triathlon by the sea. There is always great athletes there and I don't expect this year to be any different.

The past few days i have been working in speed in the bike and swim. Intervals have been a key part in both exercises. On the 18th I start my program for the FirmMan. I know that I have a good base but I want to focus on some long stuff early so that when the warm weather comes I can focus on 70.3 specific speed.

On a side note ; I was up at my old stomping ground Norwich University last weekend. There I played in the Alumni Lacrosse game in honor of Brendan MacDonald. Brendan, a cadet who tragically lost his life while at Norwich is honored by fellow alums and players along with his family. It was a great day and fun was had by all. I was pretty beat up after. Slow and fast twitch muscles weren't mixing to well.

This upcoming week I will be focusing on my intervals and get ready for the JCC. My goal is to try and beat my time from last year. We'll see!

1 comment:

Scott Ellis said...

I'm sure you'll tear it up at the JCC. I have the run speed, but my bike time is suffering this year. See you at the race!