Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting the Hang of this long stuff!

So I had a long run scheduled for yesterday. I was curious to see how I would feel after a long ride the day before. I wanted to run for 2 hours non-stop. I was really thinking of a specific distance but was thinking a 15 miler would be perfect.

I headed out and felt a bit sore when I started. I was thinking that I would have been better off running a brick instead. Nevertheless when I started moving I felt good. The sunrise was gorgeous. I love this early stuff(espescialy the warm days). I was holding a good pace. My goal race pace for the IM marathon is 8:15-8:30's . I was running around an 8:10 for my first 4 miles. I began to hit some hills and thought it was time to hold back and just enjoy the ride. My transponder for my watch died so I really lost track of my miles at around mile 8. It was probably a good thing b/c I could just chug along and roll. I finished my run loop in 1:57:32 and looked up my trip on map my run. 16.45. I was happy and felt strong. Memorial Day is recovery day.

Thank You to all the troops and servicemen. We don't say it enough!

No comments: