Sunday, May 11, 2008

JCC

Well today was the fist race of the year for me. The JCC sprint TRI. I have done this one now for that past few years. It is a little crazy but it's local and a lot of my friends compete. I am training for LP this year and was not too sure how my speed fitness would be. I have been fighting some injuries and feel like I have been a slug since Feb.

I had a kick ass race today. Second overall and cut 5 minutes off last years time. I was faster than the guy who won't last year. He also cut 5 mins off his time form last year. He is good friend and probably made me go as fast as did b/c I had this crazy notion that I could keep up with him. The one thing I forgot was that he is probably the best TT cyclist in New England. Yeah he blew me away.

I was happy with what I accomplished and I know can start to really focus on going long! 11 weeks until Lake Placid whether I am ready or not.

No comments: