Saturday, May 24, 2008

Killed It

I went out early today. Left the house at 0530. I have been enjoying this part of training because I get to beat all the traffic and have the ability to clear my head. Today I had a 31/2 hour ride planned. I have not hit this mark yet this year. I was a little apprehensive so I wanted to head out on my own and see where my mental toughness was. I know this a huge part of training and this would be a way for me to to judge myself. There is no tougher critic than you.

I went up to cape ann. I went the same route I did with Vin last weekend. It took us 1:30 to get to the cape ann cafe in Rockport. There was some afternoon traffic and we dealt with some bike issues but we held a good pace and I was happy. Up and back in 2:54. We had a negative split on the return. Not bad.

Today I got there in 1:20. I was feeling great! I had passed a few weekend warriors (like myself) and got some cold looks. But whatever. My heart rate was right on and speed and cadence were better than expected. I got back to my neck of the woods in 2:40. I managed to hold just over my IM pace for 2:40 on a rolling course. I continued through to Marblehead and then to Nahant and then back home. Total ride time 3:38 Total dist. 77.67. I felt great rolling into home and look forward to my 2 hour run in the am. I'll let you know how the legs feel at 0500.

No comments: