Thursday, May 22, 2008

Recovery Week

SO I went to Fit Werx 2 today to pick up some stuff. Marty and Dean ,two good friends of mine own the shop. Dean is racing as a pro this year and Marty is an up and comer in the age-group. Dean was asking me about training for LP and was curious how I was feeling. He was more than encouraging about my race last weekend at the JCC. He has always told me that loosing 1 lb. is about 2 seconds off your mile split on a run. So loosing about 10 lbs could bring you from a 6:30 to around a 6:10. It was funny to hear him say that it crazy to see someone my size run 6:01 for a 3 mile run course after the bike and swim. I must say that I was surprised myself. This week my legs have felt very heavy and knees kind of sore. I just hope that I am training the right way so I can hang on for the Ironman. All I want is one. Just one healthy, happy and incredible day where I can accomplish a goal without regret. Well, just 58 more days to go. I plan on dropping anther 5 lbs. I will take free speed any day of the week!!!

thanks for pep talk Dean

No comments: