Tuesday, July 8, 2008

12 Days of Christmas

I am here on a gorgeous 90 degree day. I love the heat. I am trying so hard not to put my sneakers and go for a run. My program calls for a Swim only for today, which is not bad because it will be great to go into the water and enjoy it. Tapering really is tough after such a long and demanding winter spring and early summer. These next 12 days are going to be like the 12 days of Christmas! I don't know what to do with myself. I know that my body is recovering from all the stuff I put it through so that I will be able to go and compete not just complete the IRONMAN. It is hard to believe that I am going to toe that line.

I have been talking with some friends and it sounds like there is going to be quite the contingent of North Shore Tri Team members up there. It will be nice to get their encouragement out on the course.

I am looking forward to a good moderate pace swim tonight. I have a one hour bike tomorrow and run on Thurs. I am a five year old waiting in line to get my picture taken with Santa right now!!!!! Man I can't wait.

No comments: