Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Holy Cow! This summer is flying by! I don't know if it is b/c I am training for the Ironman or that I have a 19 month old son who is growing before my eyes. Probably both. Training has been going well. Today was short brick. 45 min bike 15 min run. Earlier in the week I finished up the Masters Swim at BU. That was huge. I think I got in such good shape because all I did in January and February was swim my but off there. There were some really good people who also helped me. A man named "Rip" who swims about 1:10 for 100 yards pulled me into his lane on quiet days to teach me how to draft and realize I can go faster than I thought.

Looking at my program it is crazy to see how many hours I will cut back within the next week. Lynn will be psyched. She will get her husband back. This holiday weekend I have a 5 hour ride on Sat and 3 hour run on Sun. I remember back in October I didn't accumulate that much time on the bike in a week! Man, Human body is amazing and I appreciate everything that I have been blessed with. I know I won't win the race but, damn I love knowing that I am going to be able to do it! Whatever my time is, it is. I just want to see Lynn and Jack and my family right there at the end!

This is a great country! To realize what we have is astonishing. The Constitution, the Revolutionary War, I love history and to imagine what the men of those times were training for will far out weigh any race that I will every compete in. To every house on my street showing the flag like a badge makes me proud. Happy Birthday America! God Bless the USA!

No comments: