Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Final Countdown

Well today is exactly about the time my family will be praying for me to finish the marathon of the Ironman next weekend. Yes I am getting nervous right about now. I have so many things that are going through my head that I am not sure what end is up right now. I am starting to eat pasta religously and gatorade will be in my cereal. I know that I put the money in the bank and when I got for the cash advance on Sunday I will be richly rewarded. I confident that those who have supported my over the last 10 months will help carry me through it.

Last Thursday I did the Nahant race and was happy with my showing. I was out of the water first and felt very fast on the bike until I broke my spoke, I managed to ride a 13 minute course but I was pissed that I did the first 1.5 in 8:10. I was cruising, I knew that my bodt was carrying faster than it ever has before and then I realized I have to magnify what I was doing 10 fold. It put the Ironman into perpective. The weekend was nice. I finished both workouts in less time than i did my run last weekend! Taper is tough. Not only does it let your body recover but it builds your mental toughness and discipline. I need it!

2 comments:

J.M.M. said...

GOOD LUCK KEVIN!! Congratulations on your recent training and career move. Courtney and I know will be thinking about you during your race. You'll be fine because as most Lynners know, the Reen's are great competitors!

Anonymous said...

Cash Advances are great! You walk in needing money and walk out with the money. They are quick and easy and help you avoid credit issues.