Monday, December 29, 2008

4 more weeks

SO, went back to the Dr. today and he re X-rayed my elbow and was able to confirm that I have a broken Ulna radial head. (elbow) He took off my cast and told me that it couldn't be in a better spot. Like that is possible, I am still in a sling when I got out but can take it off when at home "relaxing". He did understand my desire for fitness and training for this upcoming season and limited my workouts from the the mid=section down. With that I am now going to focus on building power on the bike and strengthening my core. This could be good b/c I will be able to get the base that I need on the bike and in another couple weeks I will be able to drowned myself in the pool. I will also need to stretch my arse off! The one thing that the DR. said was that i have to keep my elbow from getting tight. So I can work on flexibility all over. I have to go back on the 12th and get another X-ray. He wants to chart the progress and see how soon before I get into therapy. Well time to go hook up the trainer!

No comments: