Monday, December 15, 2008

Bad Luck? or not?

Well I think my string of bad luck has continued, Sat night while working for Christmas Parade in my hometown I was in a bike accident. It wasn't that bad at first, hurt but not that bad. Maybe I couldn't feel it because it was 20 degrees outside. Anyway, woke up the next day and my elbow was the size of a cantaloupe. My LT. highly recommended that I go get it check out. So i did. 3 hours later, the x-rays were inconclusive and was given the name of an orthopedist to see. Right now it is being treated as a broken elbow b/c of the swelling and results of the x-rays. Until I can get the swelling down, and new x-rays to determine the damage I will be in a sling.

The bummer of all this is that I was feeling fantastic. I had made it past the IRONMAN blues and just registered for a race. Was getting geared up for 2 weeks of good running to get my fitness up a little bit to get in the pool for Jan 5th. I also believe that the higher power has a way of telling you to slow down and relax. This might be his way. Hopefully I don't have to slow down too much!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: