Friday, December 5, 2008

Moving Along

Thanksgiving has come and gone, Christmas season is in full swing and tri training is getting ready to start a new phase. The past few weeks I have been strength training and things have been going well. I have actually lost 3 pounds since Nov 1 and still haven't hit the hard core base training yet. I had a great swim last week. I did a few 250's for time and they were all faster than my swim time at JCC. I have been working on technique and focusing on stretching out my stroke to minimize the amount of energy spent during this event come race time. Training for a 1/2 ironman is less stressful than an Ironman without a doubt. Maybe because I have been around this block before I am not sure...any event I am totally looking forward to finishing up the strength training over the next few weeks to put the goggles and start getting fit. One thing I learned is that swim fitness will carry over to bike and run fitness but bike and run fitness will never carry you through the water!

Time to go get the Christmas Tree. Jack and i have a busy day!

No comments: