Sunday, April 26, 2009

getting a little longer

So this past week was a bit of a recovery week but i decided to add two long days because of the gorgeous weather here over the weekend. Two days of 80+, can't beat it. Anyway swimming earlier in the week was good. I went out for some consecutive long sets and worked on extending my stroke a bit more. The one downfall about a 25 yard pool is that once you get in rhythm you have to turn back. None the less I was able to get some good yardage in. I like training for the Half IM a little bit better than the full. However I have promised myself that I will get back to the long distance when the time is right.

As for yesterday, I went out for a 10 miler at about 1pm. Man it was hot and I did not expect to punched in the face with heat like that on what is my first double digit run since Oct. My other problem was that I did not pace myself correctly. I took off and held 6:20-6:30 for the first 5 and slowly began to fall apart. mile 6 was 6:50 than 7:00 until my last mile which brought me home in 7:25. still have to keep in mind that I am running a bit better this year at this point. I am a bit lighter and will still have a some good training weeks ahead.

Today I went out early, 5:30 am and got to ride my GURU CRONO outside for the first time. It was very different from the Tri-lite I had. A good 1:55 min of rolling hills and 5 min tempos got the blood back in my legs. I had a new fit done to a more aggressive setup to try and gt more speed. It worked but will take a bit of getting used too. I can't wait to start building up the long rides. The bike is smooth.

This year I will racing for Team Aquaphor. I was selected two weeks ago and had to jump at the chance. I turned down a different team last year. This I decided to take the opportunity because I don't think it will happen again!

No comments: