Thursday, August 19, 2010

getting tired

So I have been trying to get my last bit of long stuff in for the Firm Man 70.3. Man is this getting old. I have had another calf issue take over and am getting tired of this. I was out for a long run and at mile 8 started to tighten up. I have since had some relief but this is just getting old. with only 24 days left I have some work to do.

Maybe this is my body telling me I am ready to taper and need the light work form here on out. I have spoken with some good friends and smart athletes to help devise a plan to get me top level for the race. April Bowling was kind enough to work with me and is keeping on par to hold my fitness and limit my damage. The thing is, I feel fit and strong as hell! It is just that my calves are scorched!. Witch puts my frustration level at a 10! I can swim and ride no problem and took a couple of strides with much issue. but I am as tight as a drum. So from here on out there will be stretching and ice heat repeats along with foam rollers! Ohh how I love it!

No comments: