Monday, March 21, 2011

recovery week

I had a couple of great workout to end last week. I think I made some pretty good gains. One consisted of a 5k time trial on the treadmill, only cause the weather was not cooperating and was strapped for time. With a 1 mile warm up I then followed with my 5k where I held a 5:41, 5:38 and a 5:35. I have to say I was pretty pleased with my effort and before that I had finished a swim workout. So I was happy. Friday I had PT with the Academy. I am a PT instructor in one MA's. police academy's so i get to get a recovery run or strength workout in a couple times a week. After PT i rode on the trainer for an hour with 2x20 min at 95% FTP. the first set was OK, I was just under my number. I got pissed and the after a 10 min spin back at it. Second set was great I was holding 105% and managed to bump up my ftp to over 300 watts. Considering that I was kicking my but all week and still had those power numbers gave me the belief that I made some strides. This week is recovery and then back to race specific training before the JCC in May.

No comments: