Monday, March 7, 2011

Strength Phase

I have started the Strength Phase of my training program this week. It is going well so far. Had a good 3000 yard swim set today and it was a lot of distance and pull. One of the other things that I will be working on also is building up strength on the bike. I am thinking that will revert to what built my fitness to a higher level in 08. Swim and bike...which will help lead to lung fitness for a better run. I will be focusing on sprint races this summer. Maybe one Oly Distance. I am looking forward to the warm weather come in so I can get outside and stretch my pedals.

Currently weighing in at 193. I raced at this weight last year. I think that dropping 3 pounds between now and May 15th will also help with my running without dropping power on the bike. Let's see how the next couple weeks go!!

No comments: