Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Feeling It

This is the first time I can honestly feel like I am getting stronger. Monday was a day off for me and I tried to take advantage of doing nothing but that didn't really happen. I did a short Cross Fit session and stretched a bit. I hit the pool last night and felt pretty strong. The water was freaking HOT!!! I swear I was in the Caribbean without the salt. I think my stroke is starting to come around too. I was actually pulling the way I am supposed to and could feel every bit of it.

Today I did a hard 1:15 on the bike and it felt like I symmetrical with pedal stroke and body position. I had a great rhythm and was pumping away like crazy. I felt so good that I could a smile creep up on like I was back in the fourth grade and Sister Christina was yelling at me for something I did wrong. Things were going so well that it didn't even bother me when I got a flat. Just changed it and moved on. I was telling myself that this could happen on race day!

Tonight I am going out for a run, 1 hour. I am just going to enjoy the warm weather and try to let that smirk take over again. I love this weather. If I didn't love my extended family so much I would grab Lynn and Jack and move to San Diego or something.

Well back to pound and grind. Today is one of those days I don't want to end!

2 comments:

Cait Reen said...

Glad to hear the training is going so well! Enjoy the run tonight, and you'd better get those CA dreams out of your head!

Kevin Reen said...

Don't worry, CA isn't even close, but just think how fun it would be to live in a place like that!