Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recovery Week?

I don't what is going on with me. Either allergies or a full blown head cold. I think it is that fact that I had to shovel the pollen out of my driveway today! Holy Cow! Monday was a good day, i woke feeling pretty refreshed and not sore form Sunday's race. I did a weight workout and that helped loosen up the muscles a bit. Yesterday was another good day. The morning was spent at the Mass State Police Academy. I am an assistant fitness instructor there. Nothing like motivational push ups and an early morning double time! It was a nice 4 miler that helped me get back in to a good recovery week. In the afternoon I did a quick 25 miler. I was feeling really good. I then went to masters swim at Salem State. It was a killer. we did about 3200 yrds but man they were fast. It felt good though. I know that I need to really work on my technique. My entry is a little off and when I get tired I start to shorten my stroke. I need to work on that so the 2.4 swim can go a little quicker.

Got back in the pool again this morning. As I was walking to the deck I having a fight with myself about getting or not getting in. I got in. I was psyched when I got out because it was a good workout. We did 3200 again I was moving well. Still have some tech work to do but all in all I was happy.

Lynn and I are heading to FIsher's Island NY for a friends wedding this weekend. Going to bring the running shoes and the wetsuit. I would like to try and get an open water swim there. we'll see how it goes. I put in some big numbers and i think I made good progress the past few weeks. This week I think I am going to enjoy the good weather and get some quality runs in. That's it for now. Catch you this weekend.

No comments: