Friday, June 27, 2008

FIrst Nahant

I really feel like the summer is here now. I did first Nahant sprint tri of the season last night. Because of training I have not been able to get to many of them. Even thought it is so short it really kicks your but. I finished it in 35:23. The ocean swim wasn't bad. The water was a little chilly but I warmed right up. The bike went quick but my legs were definitely at max effort! The run was pretty good too. There is nothing like opening up you engine and letting out the fumes.

In the am I swam masters at BU. It was good workout. We did a 600 warm up with 200 kick and 200 pull. Then we hit 16x100's broken up into 4 sets. There was a woman in my lane who helped push me. Of course she wanted me to lead so I had to set the pace and watch the clock. It was good though because we held honest rest time. the last 4x100's we held 1:30's. I was pretty happy with that. Consider that 8 weeks ago I was doing 1:45's. Today is a rest day and I really will rest. Going to take Jack and my dog Belle for a nice walk. My weekend is a little backwards b/c I have to work on Sat. so I will run early Sat AM and get my ride in on Sunday. I'll tell you all about it later!

1 comment:

Vince SJP CrossFit said...

Nice blog. How was the run today?? How did you get the Moosman photos to your blog? Did you have to but them first? I'll let you know how Cohasset goes.