Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Getting There

Swam last night at the Masters swim for NSTT. (North Shore Tri Team) at Salem State. I missed my swims at BU monday so I figured I would give it a go there. I have swam there in the past and they always push us pretty hard. Things got off to a great start! no lane line not that big of a deal. I think it actually helps because of the wake . kind of like open water swimming. The problem was that the water was cloudy. I waked this poor guy in the head. I mean crushed him. He was probably in his lat 50's and weighed as much as my leg. I felt terrible but, you gotta look down and follow the painted lines! they're there for a reason right?
As far as the workout went I was pretty happy. We did some longer sets, one of at the end was 12x100's. I held a solid pace for my last six and was pretty much in control. The 65 mins covered 3700 yards. I got out feeling like I had a good tank left. I think I getting to where i need to be.
Tomorrow starts the Nahant Tri. I will be there for the only reason to get my bones chilled in the frozen Atlantic. Then bring the Mooseman!

5 comments:

Dube said...

Kevin,
This is going to be Fun!!! You have opened yourself up to the Family rip-session oh boy you are thinking okay Dube I knew you were going to do this well here we go........
All rips to follow real quick so completely proud Kev, keep up the work if I could be there you know I would...You've got great heart and dedication...Full time Job, wife, little Jack wow and we all know this isn't like going to Bally's for a quick eliptic cycle (Sorry Jaime about that one) I mean true drive keep it up very proud keep the posts going!! I Like the personal notes what you think about, strategy, equipment plus' and minus', what works who's the best? How you feel before after during all that is great stuff...Can't wait to read more!! Good luck with the final phase of training..
Dube

Kevin Reen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Reen said...

I can always count on you to get things going. Oh, saw 60 mins. Wow. Hey, are sure you aren't Biffy?

Johnny Rotton said...

Dube,

What is Kevin thinking? He was hit in the head way to many times at Norwich!! Watch out for the Vermont Cows!!
Good luck this weekend, I am very proud of you!!!
P.S. Shave your legs and eyebrows. HAHA!!
Johnny Ryan rules!!

Kevin Reen said...

Johnny rotten has spoken, got anymore razors I can use