Monday, June 2, 2008

MOOSEWEEK

This past weekend we celebrated my godson Brady's 1st birthday. We had a great time and the kids had a blast. My son jack is still catching up on sleep.
Training wise good and bad. The bad was that I didn't get my ride in on Sat. I had to settle with a 45 min TT on the trainer. I don't consider that a workout when you are training for IRONMAN but nothing can be done now. Sun we get back from CT and I go out for a long run. the temp was about 85 and the sun was beaming. I took off and felt good. What race pace. I was using the new Garmin 405 and it said I was trotting at a 7:40. I was planning on a 16 miler and was hoping for an 8:15. Ten miles into it was around the 1:15 mark. So I decided to punish myself for slacking on Saturday's ride and finished the 16 in 1hour 58 min. I last wrote that my run route was 16.45 well it was 15.45 so when I actually ran the 16 in 1:58 I was psyched.

This week I am trying to stay moderate so I can have a good race at Mooseman. The 1/2 will let me know what I really have to do. I see these other blogs with all these people being coached and how much volume they have. I am getting a bit nervous and hope that the program i have is going to work.

better get my ass in gear!

No comments: